in this guide, I’ll show you how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Windows 10 and Mac. You may have seen a pop-up like “the Adobe software you are using is not genuine” or “Non-genuine software pop-up” while using the Adobe product.
It won’t let you do your work properly and disturb you every time you open the software. If you have tried everything to find out a fix for this and didn’t get the success, then this is the perfect tutorial for you.
You’ll see different tricks to stop this pop up on Mac as well as Windows 10, 7 or 8.1. So, let’s crack this.
How to Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Windows & Mac
There are going to be two processes. One is for Windows 10 users and the second one is for Mac users.
First, I’ll demonstrate for Windows 10 users. Mac users can scroll down.
- Type “Services” in your Windows Search and Open it.
- In that window, you can see categories – Extended and Standard.
- Click on Standard.
- There, right-click on “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service”.
- Go to Properties.
- Under General, there will be a Startup Type option.
- Choose “Disabled” in that dropdown listing and Apply.
That’s all. Now the Non-genuine popup will not come when you open Photoshop or anything.
In case, you didn’t get the desired result from the above method, here is another one.
- Open Task Manager in your device just by searching.
- Find Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service in that list and right-click on it.
- Click on “Open file location”.
- A new folder (named AdobeGCIClient) will open where the file is located.
- Put this aside and come to the Task Manager window once again.
- And, right-click one more time on it and End Task.
- After doing that, go and Delete that Adobe folder completely.
Here is one more version of the second method.
Another version of Method #2:
Try this only if the second method didn’t work for you. The below process will disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service.
- Run CMD (Command Prompt) window.
- In there, type
sc delete AGSServiceand press Enter.
- Along with that, you need to delete the folder “AdobeGCClient”.
Stop or Disable Adobe Integrity Service on Mac
To disable on Mac, here are the steps.
- On your Mac and then go to Finder >> Go to Library Folder.
- Tip: In the recent versions of Mac Updates you cant find Library Folder on the left side, to access the Library Folder Open Finder then Find the GO and type
- Then, to Application Support >> Adobe >> AdobeGCCClient.
- Delete that folder and also clear it in Trash.
That’s how you can disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service in Mac. Now open Photoshop and do your work without any trouble.
I hope you have got the necessary information on how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity on Windows and Mac. Do bring your thoughts to our notice and don’t forget to share this guide.