In this guide, I’ll show you how to disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Windows 10 and Mac. You may have seen a pop-up like “the Adobe software you are using is not genuine” or “Non-genuine software pop-up” while using the Adobe product.
It won’t let you do you open Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or any other Adobe software. If you have tried different methods to find fix it and failed, this is the perfect tutorial for you. You’ll see several methods to stop Adobe genuine pop up on Mac as well as Windows 10 or Windows 7. So, let’s solve this.
I will show you two different ways to disable this popup. One is for Windows OS and another one is for macOS. First, I’ll demonstrate for Windows 10 users. Mac users can scroll down.
How to Stop Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Windows 10?
There are two working methods to stop this service on Windows 10 and Windows 7 Computers.
- Type “Services” in your Windows Search and Open it.
- In that window, you can see categories – Extended and Standard.
- Click on Standard.
- There, right-click on “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service.”
- Go to Properties.
- Under General, there will be a Startup Type option.
- Choose “Disabled” in that dropdown listing and Apply.
That’s all. Now the Non-genuine popup will not come when you open Photoshop or anything.
In case you didn’t get the desired result from the above method, here is another one.
- Open Task Manager on your device just by searching.
- Find Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service in that list and right-click on it.
- Click on “Open file location.”
- A new folder (named AdobeGCIClient) will open where the file is located.
- Put this aside and come to the Task Manager window once again.
- And, right-click one more time on it and End Task.
- After doing that, go and Delete that Adobe folder completely.
Here is one more version of the second method.
Another version of Method #2:
Try this only if the second method didn’t work for you. The below process will disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service.
- Run CMD (Command Prompt) window.
- In there, type
sc delete AGSServiceand press Enter.
- Along with that, you need to delete the folder “AdobeGCClient.”
How to Disable Adobe Genuine Integrity Service on Mac?
To disable on Mac, here are the steps.
- Step 1: On your Mac and then go to Finder >> Go to Library Folder.
- Step 2: Tip: In the recent Mac Updates versions, you can’t find the Library Folder on the left side. To access the Library Folder Open Finder, then Find the GO and type
- Step 3: Then, to Application Support >> Adobe >> AdobeGCCClient.
- Step 4: Delete that folder and also clear it in Trash.’
Note: If you can not find the AdobeGCCClient Folder, then follow the below instruction.
Sometimes you can’t find the folder because you might not have the permission to access the AdobeGCCSevice folder. You can find it by searching “AdobeGCC” in Finder( Change the folder Permissions first. To do that, Right Click on the folder >> Get Info >> Sharing and Permissions.) You can unlock the folder, delete all the files inside it. Please do not delete the folder itself.
That’s how you can disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Mac. This will stop all the annoying Adobe Genuine intergrity popups. Now open Photoshop and do your work without any trouble.
I hope you have the necessary information on disabling Adobe Genuine Software Integrity on Windows and Mac. Do bring your thoughts to our notice, and don’t forget to share this guide.